Friday, September 12, 2014

New To My Holy Grail List - Sanko Ware Numbers Pattern Cookware!

A while back I did a post about 1980's home decorating, and noted the cookware in one of the scans - this one, to be specific:

My exact quote was "Can you make out the pots on the stove? They have big numbers on the side of them - I want some of those for sure!".

I've kept an eye out for them ever since, and never ran across anything even remotely similar - until this week! I was researching some Sanko Ware "Country Flowers" enamel cookware that I was listing at auction, and came across this completed listing:


It sold for $5.00 plus shipping - and it was new in box! While I am so, so sad that I missed the chance to bid on it, I'm so, so happy that I at least have a brand and pattern name to search for! I don't know if it is the exact same stuff that was in that 80's magazine scan, but it is close enough for me - officially added to my holy grail list! :)

4 comments:

RandomGoodsVintage said...

very cool! I have never seen those before!

Unknown said...

Wow! I will keep an eye out for you too!

Unknown said...

Hello,

If you are still looking for these I have some. Tan/brown.

queenbeetv88 said...

I have this pan, but not vintage in box. It is totally cool and I love it! And I use it, so unfortunately I have effed it up in the bottom on the inside because I have ADHD this is something my mom and I usually do to our pans. They burn dry and then the bottom enamel coating on the inside melts. It dries hard, so we still use it, but it is really annoying, especially since this is my favorite pan. I am glad you see the awesome beauty in it too! :)