Thursday, March 5, 2015

Reader Survey - The Results Are IN! :)

I am SO glad I decided to do this survey, it was a blast watching the results come in, and you all blew away my goal of 50 responses by a long shot - I ended up with 76 total! I think that is more than enough opinions to get a really good idea of what you all would like to see on Vintage Goodness 2.0... So, let's look at the results!


The top spot was basically a tug of war between Featured Collectibles and Out & About posts. In the end, Featured Collectibles won out by a tiny little bit... I was very happy to see it come in first, actually - I have a mile long list of ideas for posts in that category, so I think I should hopefully be able to do a new one every week...

I haven't really done very many Out & About posts before - but, I guess I am going to start since it seems so many of you want them! I totally get it - I enjoy reading about other people's adventures too. If you can't actually go to an area and thrift it yourself, the next best thing is to follow along with someone who can! ;)

The 2nd place spot was a tug of war between Vintage Decorating and Haul Posts. I've done both of those kinds of posts in the past, but basically I have gotten lazy about making them a priority. So, I will be sure to move them to the top of the to-do list once the new blog is up and running.

I'm flirting with the idea of doing some videos along with my blog posts - the Out & About and Haul categories would definitely be ones to try that with. I'm going to do a test run sometime with the video camera on my phone, and see if that would work... What do you all think? Would you like to see videos as well as regular posts?

Oh, before I forget, the #5 spot went to the Selling Side Of Vintage. I've tried to do some of that in the past, but I've always been conflicted about whether or not it is something that belongs on the Vintage Goodness blog... I'm going to give it a bit more thought. The top 4 categories will keep me busy enough, I'm sure, maybe once I get those up and running smoothly I will try diving into the Selling Side...

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who took time out to participate in the poll - it is a big help! Stay tuned, an update about my progress on getting the new blog going will be coming soon... :)

No comments: