Sunday, December 23, 2007

End Of The Year = Musings

It's almost Christmas, which means (for me at least) it is time to start mulling over the fact that another year is gone, and a new one is on the horizon. It's been a crazy year, but I love the fact that the new year is going to be lived entirely on my own terms, that it is going to be a year of working on creating the life I have always wanted to have. Scary, yes, but pretty damn cool.

My mind has been on priorities lately. I never feel like I have my priorities straight, and would love to be able to focus on that in the new year. Focus is something else that has been on my mind, I feel scattered a lot of the time and really want to narrow down where my energy goes and expend it in a more controlled and consciously thoughtful way. Which is where the priorities come in.

So, where am I going with all this... I've been thinking about the blog and where it is on my priority list, and where I would like it (and all the other ideas that I have that relate to it) to be in the future.

I really like doing this, and I want to be able to expand on what I am currently doing over the next several months. I keep hearing about Wordpress, and have come to the conclusion that to do what I really want to do, I need to have a domain name and use Wordpress to create my site. It has a ton more options than Blogger, you can add whole pages of content and really create a website and not just a blog with it.

I'm a little intimidated by it, I have to admit. I have never had a domain name before - or used Wordpress, for that matter - so it will be all uncharted waters. I don't really have any reason to be intimidated, I know I will figure it out pretty easily, it's just getting past that mental block and actually DOING it that is the problem.

I'm going to be here for a while more though, it will take me a few months at least probably to get the new site set up and ready to use. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!

No comments: