So, the first week of the AT Spring Cure is almost over, and it has done me a bit of good already - the theme for the week is Creating Your Vision.
1. Take a good look at your home and make a list of stuff that bothers you.
This was easy - I look around here every day and see all the things that bother me. Every time I turn around something is bothering me, as a matter of fact!
- Everything is cluttered.
- Everything needs cleaned.
- There is too much stuff that has no home.
2. What's your ideal vision for your home?
This was pretty easy too, as it directly ties into my answers from #1.
- Less clutter: If we don't need it, use it, or truly love it, it shouldn't be here!
- Clean: Not only would I like everything to be clean, I would like everything to be EASIER to clean, so that maybe we'll actually clean more often!
- Organized: Things that are staying need a home, a space where they belong, where they can be put away when we are aren't using them.
3. Inspiration photos
I didn't spend a ton of time on finding photos - my Cure is more about cleaning and organizing rather than re-decorating. But I did find a couple things that illustrate my point:
Office View from 314Creations on Flickr
I would love to have a bunch of labeled containers. I used to think of that as extreme organizing - taking the personality right out of a room. Now that I have spent the last few years surrounded by STUFF, the idea of neatly compartmentalizing things is much more appealing. It feels serene to me, rather than boring.
Plus, knowing where everything is all the time would just really rock.
Bedroom from TheSmartestFish on Flickr
This was the best photo I could find to represent the feel I want to achieve as much as possible - simple and calm. See how the only thing on the table is the lamp? I'm craving that!
I wish I had a more exciting plan to report on - like remodeling a bathroom or redecorating a living room or bedroom... maybe next year, I've got to get a handle on things as they are first! ;)