Friday, May 7, 2010

Featured Collectible - Ransburg Pottery & Metalware

I'm sure I have mentioned my love of Ransburg somewhere on here before. I love it so much, in fact, that I started a Flickr group for Ransburg a while back, that is unfortunately still pretty small (only 15 members?!?). I guess Ransburg love isn't quite as universal as I was hoping it was...

I did find one collector site for Ransburg, The Ransburg Collection - it looks like it hasn't been updated lately, but it still has a TON of great info, more than I could give you in one blog post!

I don't find Ransburg items all that often, so when I do see it I snatch them up. I found a canister set last weekend, which inspired me to do this post - here it is, currently at auction on eBay:


Cute or what? I don't think I've ever seen a Ransburg design that I didn't like... They produced a lot of metalware, as well as hand painted stoneware pottery pieces, right during that mid-century timeframe that is so hard to resist. Their style is very distinctive, once you have seen a few pieces you can usually spot them a mile away. They are also very often marked with the distinctive paint palette logo, which is a great help!

Let's have a look around and see what all is out there at the moment, shall we?





(uh oh, this matches the pattern I have in my kitchen - kind of wish I hadn't of seen this one...)


(A black poodle trash can? Are you kidding me? *drool*)




And on that note, I have got to quit or my PayPal account is going to be mysteriously empty come tomorrow morning. Mushrooms and butterflies on avocado green? You're killing me Ransburg, just killing me. ;) 




SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

6 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I'm a Ransburg lover from way back!! You can find it on my blog, too!
This was a great post, and thanks for introducing me to sites I didn't know about!

Sash said...

Oh my god, I'm DYING for that poodle trash can. Absolutely DIVINE. Why don't they make stuff like this anymore?

Connie Schurk said...

I have been a Ransburg collector for about 25 yrs. I have a large collection of both pottery and tinware. I collect just the Aster design.

Anonymous said...

I would love to find a Ransburg happy clown sad clown cookie tin like we had when I was a kid. It's too bad my mom gave ours away. Now that I have a family of my own I'd love to find one, but I don't know where to look, and I can't seem to find much about Ransburg on line.

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Keep an eye on eBay and Etsy, I'm sure a clown cookie jar will pop up eventually! :)

Unknown said...

Just found your blog while researching for a Nature Trend post on my blog (decoryouadore.com). LOVE your stuff and your writing. jacki