Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Estate sale goodies!

I figured since I teased you all with the ad for one of the estate sales that I went to this weekend, that I had better take pictures of what I bought there!

I actually went to 4 estate sales this weekend - I filled up my car twice - that's back seat *and* trunk! I was feeling the pressure to shop shop shop, since for 2 of the estate sale companies, it was their last sale of the season - no more til spring! And of course garage sales are pretty much over now as well, so the next few months will be hard going as far as finding inventory is concerned... I acted accordingly, like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter! ;)

Anyway, of course the stuff in the photos for the ad was all long gone when I got there, but I did still find some goods:

A couple of weeks ago I found and sold two Syroco Wood lots - a pair of fruit wall hangings and a pair of horse bookends. I hadn't found or sold Syroco before, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is pretty collectible.

Well, of course, this weekend I found a bunch of it, at this sale and another one - isn't it funny how that works? I don't know if it is just because now it is "on my radar" or what, but it does seem to happen like that pretty often...

The mirror and the two framed floral prints are both Syroco:

And I also got a set of 4 diamond shaped floral wall hangings:

I think I will do a Featured Collectible post about Syroco when I get these and the other pieces I bought this weekend listed, so stay tuned!

Ok, let's look at what else I got:

A set of milk glass hobnail candle holders, and a pair of Kissing Angel figurines from Japan.

A made in Japan angel figurine, and a green pottery vase that I think is Haeger, but the stamp on the bottom is impossible to make out. :(

A set of 4 white plastic snack trays with cool black coasters that are built right in!

A pair of ceramic Japan busts - a boy and a girl, a little Japan bird figurine, and I think my favorite find of the weekend:

A Japan musical jewelry box - you open the lid, the music starts and the little ballerina spins! Too adorable.

I also bought three sets of dishes - Studio Nova, Tulip Blue - Towne House, Regency - and Syracuse Old Ivory, Arcadia. Yes, my back hurt when I got home!

3 comments:

Pam Kueber said...

Wow, I love that Syroco stuff! Syracuse and Rochester NY were the epicenter of middle class midcentury modern, I think! I have some butterflies like this in my foyer, I will have to check if they are Syroco.

ASB said...

This is darling! You're pics are clean & clear. Nicely done :) Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you!

Kris said...

I love the snack trays with coasters! So practical... Have you been to http://www.YardGopher.com? It’s my favorite garage/estate sale site because you can post or search photos and descriptions of everything for sale at local yard sales... it helps find the best garage sales before you head out.