Monday, December 3, 2012

Vintage Glass Genie Bottle Decanter SUPER Score!

Remember a few weeks back when I did a Featured Collectible post about vintage glass "genie bottle" style decanters? I mentioned I had only found one out at the sales before (I lied, I've actually found two, but the stopper and top were broken on one of them - obscured by tape when I bought it, curses! - Will is going to try to glue it into presentable shape so we can keep it, wish him luck, he needs it...).


Well, luck was with me this last weekend at a HUGE estate sale - I managed to come home with SIX bottles! I was able to buy 3 of them the first day, then had to wait til the final (half off) day to pick up the other 3 - but it was SO worth it... Aren't they amazing? Hopefully I will get them all listed this week! :)

6 comments:

JunkStuffTreasures said...

The bottles are amazing! I've never seen so many together.

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Me either, I couldn't believe it! I also couldn't believe any were still there on the final day - I was fully expecting them all to be long gone by then... But, it was my lucky day I guess :)

Anonymous said...

I have one of these from the 60's. Made in Italy. do people collect them?

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Yep, they sure do!

Jess said...

Just wondering if this collction has been sold? I had a look on your Etsy page but couldnt see them there.
Thanks

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Hi Jess, I actually have one left: https://www.etsy.com/listing/118358828/vintage-genie-bottle-liquor-decanter?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=genie