Saturday, July 26, 2008

Featured Collectible - Mego & AHI Action Figures

I was lucky enough to pick up a box lot full of vintage Mego and Azrak Hamway action figures a couple of weeks ago... I had never really heard of them before, but apparently they are from the early 1970's and are highly collectible, like most vintage action figure toys. Unfortunately, mine aren't in their original packaging - they would sell for out of this world prices if they were!

I found a couple great collector's websites that were super helpful:
Mego Museum - Mego info
The Gallery of Monster Toys - Azrak Hamway info

This is the Mego Mr. Mxyzptlk from Superman - I'd never heard of him, but of course Will knew all about him... sometimes it comes in handy living with a geek! ;)

Here is a Mego trio from Planet of the Apes - Galen or Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and the aptly named Soldier Ape.

Yay! It's the Mego Captain America! Check out the red boots - very swanky, superhero style...

Mego's The Riddler - one of Batman's many enemies.

Here is the AHI Frankenstein - I think he is my favorite out of all of them, his face is just classic!

This is AHI's Wolfman - creepy, love the painted on hair on his hands and feet!

I think I have like 12 or 13 figures total up for auction, ending Sunday night - I can't wait to see the action during the last 5 minutes of each listing - these hardcore toy collectors love the sniper software!



SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love Mego dolls, I still have my Wizard of oz dolls and my brother star trek, never to be sold!