Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Are Those My State Name Signs I See?! - 1948 Democratic National Convention

I sold one of the hand lettered state name signs I have in my Etsy shop yesterday - I had a TON of them, and I have sold nearly all of them, though I do still have a few left awaiting their future new homes... My buyer wrote me after his purchase letting me know that he believes they are from the 1948 Democratic National Convention, where Harry Truman accepted the nomination for President of the United States.


I did some digging and found some photos - and a video! - and indeed the signs do look very similar! I don't think there is any way to know for sure, but still, pretty exciting! I had two guesses of what they were from in the description on the listings - political convention or beauty pageant - I couldn't think of two other events that would use state name signs... Turns out my guess might be correct!


No comments: